View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #49
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Is there a most ideal time to go when considering things like busyness and ride closures? I’d hate to go when it’s slow to find out splash mountain and half of the other rides are down.
With the 50th Celebration going on right now (and for the next 18 months or so), they'll likely have minimal downtime for rides at any time.

I've heard that Disney has been doing a lot of work in recent years to try to reduce the massive swings in attendance throughout the year, but the rule of thumb is always going to be, if your kids aren't in school, it likely means that most kids aren't in school either, so the crowds will be bigger. Conversely, when kids have just gone back to school after a break, the crowds tend to be smaller.

I have gone in mid-January and it was great. Most rides were open and the weather was pleasant, plus crowds were minimal.

I did Disneyland one year during the two weeks after US Thanksgiving and it was perfect. Everything was decorated for Christmas and all the rides were open, but the parks were virtually empty.