View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #105
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
It's always tough to consider how to take online feedback, 'cause people love to gripe online. It's easy to see the 'upset' numbers everywhere, but difficult to remember to put them into context.

That reddit thread, for instance, has almost 250 replies. Assuming, for sake of argument, that every single one was a legit complaint from a different person...the Expo has averaged 100k attendees for the last handful of years. So that reddit thread would represent 0.25% of attendees. If you had a 1000 different people who were upset with legit gripes, that's still just 1% of the attendees.

That doesn't nullify the legit gripes, but it does (at least, to me) put them into perspective.
I know it's only anecdotal and I'm only one person but I was overhearing a lot of complaints in real time at the event, it was significant enough that people weren't feeling the need to keep their issues filtered to online discussions.

The really puzzling thing is that a number of improvements would be simple to implement since they've already figured out the solutions through previous experience. Things like continuing the separated crowd control for getting people in and out of the Corral/Boyce should have been a complete no-brainer, reverting back to funneling people in and out through the vendor area for no evident reason makes me wonder how poor the communication was between the old and new management.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote