View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #24
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing that I think is key with this team failing is not being convinced they have a wide open window. When the window is wide open typically teams will not move key core players prior to their contract expiring and will hit their pick/prospect pool to take a shot to win every year. The Jets did it at the deadline the last 2 years with Stastny and Hayes. They are about to lose Myers for nothing.

The Flames have gone 2-12 in their last 2 playoff series and while they had a fantastic regular season they have not started to go all in. I feel like the team took somewhat of a half step back trading 26 year old Ferland and 25 year old Hamilton for 23 year old Lindholm and 21 year old Hanifin. The move allowed the Flames to take a step forward and avoid being in a spot in 2 years where they would have to pay Hamilton top $ and the team is still trying to find their way.

Another thing is the Flames have committed to the 30’s years for Backlund, Giordano, Neal so far and will have to make decisions with Brodie and Hamonic. I don’t think they are in a spot where they can afford to let one of those guys walk and they can’t commit to both when they have little cap flexibility and so many young promising blueliners. It is time to cut bait with Brodie and bring back futures or help add some grit and toughness to the top 6.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote