View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #35
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Some thoughts....

I’m voting Conservative in part because I desperately want Trudeau gone. He should be charged for his offences. My son-in-law wants a Liberal-NDP coalition, which I think is the worst possible outcome. If that happens I predict a serious uptake in separation talk and, eventually, a referendum, which I believe and hope fails.

I think we have a Liberal minority. If that happens I think Scheer will be ousted or resigns as leader. I think Kenney will go for it and will be the front runner. I know Rona Ambrose personally and if I see her (unlikely) I’ll encourage her to go for it (it’s unlikely she will).

Scheer has seriously mishandled this campaign. If Ambrose was the leader the Conservatives would have a majority government, I believe.

I’m so sad that Canadian politics has come to this and I’m discouraged for the future of our country.
That is how I feel as well, and is the bottom line for me in this election.

The worst thing about it is that the timing (for such a debacle) couldn't be worse. We NEED leadership right now. We need to get Alberta up and running again and have a government that helps unite the country.

But what we are going to get from this collection of morons is divisiveness and more regionalism. And we are going to get a powerless government. Just when we need leadership, we are going to get a complete lack of it.

The country will be worse for it. Alberta will be worse for it. And unfortunately, politics is probably only going to get even worse in this country, as regional conflicts escalate.

I think it is an almost foregone conclusion at this point that Alberta heads for a referendum.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote