View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
tipenmat
Draft Pick

I went last year. When I booked my trip I didn't see too many options for cruises so I ended up staying in Puerto Ayora in a nice hotel.
The islands are fantastic if you are into nature and wildlife. There is a lot to do and you can easily spend weeks and weeks going everywhere.
One acquaintance told me that he went there and stayed in a yacht (he has a lot more money than me) and basically it was awesome. He would sightsee during the day and then they travelled between sites while he was sleeping. This costs more but if you can afford it I would pay for it.
Staying inland is kinda nice if you want some more downtime to relax and go to some restaurants, etc.
Another things, it is just unbelievably hot. I have never been to a place that hot. I think it was like 35C at 7AM. just crazy but nice coming from Calgary during the winter.
Another thing, if you connect do it through Guayaquil and not Quito. I found that all the flights from Quito do a stop over in Guayaquil and it adds like 2 hrs to the flight. (But if you want to go to Quito it is an amazing city).
That's my 2 cents.
tipenmat is offline   Reply With Quote