View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #12436
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never really understood the low hockey IQ argument with Bennett. It looked like he was trying to buy into GGs system, even though it went against his own natural offensive instincts. The fact that he is coachable isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We really don't know what Bennett is at this point, which is what makes him unlikely to be traded. The same thing with Fox. The Calgary brass has a much better idea as to whether he is going to sign after getting his degree or not. If they choose not to trade him, then it's likely that they are confident in his word that he is not a flight risk.

The biggest worry to me with Fox is whether the progression of his game would stagnate if he were to stay in NCAA too long.

Either way, when it comes to trading assets, I don't see a desire from the Calgary side to move on from either of these two players. I do see them in almost every fan trade proposal, however.

From my perspective, it is the established roster players that have value to other GMs around the league, that we may have seen the last of.