View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #5
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Thanks! Much appreciate the link.

Sarah Kinzner is a member of Foothills WFC and is part of the Pan Am team. She's a very special talent. When the Seattle Sounders were here a few weeks back for an exhibition match, she was the best player on the pitch. She's already represented Canada at the U-17 and U-20 levels. She's a great kid and is beginning her NCAA career this fall in Colorado. I hope everyone keeps an eye out for her. It's been awhile since we've had a player of such caliber come from Calgary.

It actually hasn't been awhile. Ranee Premji from Calgary won 2 NCAA div.1 championships with North Carolina Tar Heels in 2009 and 20012, she was a key impact player for legendary coach Anson Dorrance, with amazing vision and distribution skills from the midfield. Instead of players with skill Herdman went with a team of "Destroyers" and wanna be fashion models for this World Cup, who only know how to pass the ball backwards.

"Premji, meanwhile, joined Canada’s national youth program at age 16 and has benefitted from 34 days in youth camps from 2007 to 2009."
http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-w...s-camp-p149283

I get that Kinzner is the "latest thing" but the over hype is a bit ridiculous. For someone of her pedigree, I'm shocked she's not playing at a higher ranked school this fall.

Last edited by Yoho; 07-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote