View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #95
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Since I posted something off topic I'll add one on topic.

This last election I was outside of Canada, and I learned something though the us election process. I used to look at Fox News as simply commentary, that is pretending to be news because it's pandering to A certain segment who will be dedicated watchers and won't change the channel during commercials, because nobody else gets them. I must admit that I saw them as an outlier.

However, watching Canadian coverage (post and globe) during the election, it was the exact same garbage, just pandering to a different group. The Canadian media I watched could care less about portraying a landscape of news, info and data. It just wanted to talk about how trump is a pig. Trump is a pig, but there is much more to the election, that in large part is being pointed out here, but the way I read the post and globe, I'm not surprised at all by the OP.

What's worse, I see very little pushback from people to ask media for simply data, not commentary, so now the Fox News model, that although I'm conservative, I despise, is replicated for all groups. People who like Huff Post know the news to be one thing, Foxnews people know the news to be a different thing, and everyone ends up getting slanted garbage. To me, that means we get much more extremist candidates in the future. More Trumps, more Bernie Sanders, more Trudeaus who is pissing away the next generations wealth at an alarming rate but he's got a mad selfie game. Just less well balanced, thoughtful planners and visionaries who focus on what's best for the whole or the system.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote