View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #49
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Pick one of this forum's everyone's favourite non-controversial posters. Say, he jokingly starts "Gas the Arabs" thread and posts a cute dog video in it. How far and how well would that go with the forum admins?
You're comparing getting banned from an internet forum to being tried in a court of law? This post cannot possibly get any dumber.
Quote:
Turn it up a bit more. Say, a known conservative Canadian politician makes a "Gas the Arabs" post on his/her social media platform and supports it with a cute video to piss off his girlfriend. How libertarian do you think these same posters here would be in their verdicts?
... It seems I was wrong, it can. Are you really incapable of distinguishing support for the content of a joke from the view that making a joke should not result in prosecution? Seriously? The posters you're referencing would be entirely consistent, in that they would all say that said known Canadian politician should not be arrested for his video.
Quote:
This guy is a degenerate on so many levels that I have zero sympathy for what had happened to him.
And we've reached the zenith of blinding stupidity here, with the "this guy is bad, so I don't care if his rights were violated". Seriously, people like you, who only want basic rights to apply in the easy cases, are among the biggest threats to the rule of law.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post: