View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #97
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I'm gonna tap out here, not going to win against the converted in this forum. Like I said annoying as hell fad diets are one area where calling people on their pseudoscience isn't acceptable in society yet.

I particularly get sick of people taking weak correlations, with alternative known causal impacts and claiming they have science behind them, then proselytizing there BS to everyone who will listen.

Nobody anywhere is arguing that if the average north american cuts allot of sugar out of their diet they will be healthier.

The names of science and evidence just shouldn't be used in this way, its a gateway drug to other BS; juicing cleanses, chiropractor, cupping, needling, and then you have some acupressure quack telling my mom he can cure her allergies with juice, or a naturopath telling your uncle that he will cure his cancer with imaginary mercury in his water. And I think its important that anyone starts down this path is at least warned, so they can see the signs when it escalates.

Leave those two words out of it and eat whatever the hell you want if you think it will help you control your weight or energy...
This ranks right up with one of the most ridiculous posts in the history of CP. Keto is the gateway drug to seeing a witch doctor, who knew?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post: