View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #834
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
From personal experience, when I was looking at my first Aston, the sales guy said "Well I have two of them to show you. One is black on black, and the other is kind of a different color combination."

He didn't even get the word "combination" out completely before I said "Show me that one". I ended up buying it without even bothering to look at the black on black Vantage.
Go on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
For appliances, stick to boring colors. But anything that can be classified as an enthusiast car, the unique color choice will always be more desirable in the long-term. The pool of people who want the color will never be as big, but the ones who do want it, will be much more passionate, and pay up to get it.
Exactly. I didn't want to be argumentative, but I guess I should qualify that the first car to pop into my head when I hear "Pumpkin Orange interior" was a Ferrari 599 Aperta... Though, because it's a Ferrari, that's Hermes Orange to you

That said, I do know the orange interior (and the R-spec trim) in the Volvos is still very popular, and definitely favoured by enthusiasts. I suppose I wouldn't suggest an orange interior in your lime green CR-V, but my car-mind doesn't think like that...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote