View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #30
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
There are nice places in the neighbourhoods just north of downtown: Bridgeland, Renfrew, Crescent Heights, etc.

Easy access to 16th, Memorial, and Deerfoot, so everything is easy to get to. Going to work in the NE, you're against traffic, so it's generally light the whole way. It's close enough to downtown that your girlfriend can walk if she wants, and still take less time than a lot of people spend in traffic.

Your address might be NE, but it's not "the Northeast".
My Wife works in the NE, and I work just south of down town. I always really like the location of the Triwood communities, quite a bit less expensive or less knock down ready than the communities right on 16th. A little further away from the University/SAIT so a little less noise and fewer rentals. Still only would have been about a 20 min commute for both of us, if not less for my wife.

But we have a young family and did not want to put the time and resources into allot of renos/up keep. So we bought a new house north of Nose Hill and commute 30 to 40 minutes instead. If only we could have put our house in that community without spending way way more money.