View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #199
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know, it kind of baffles me. These guys and gals know they're applying to the show. They get a bunch of warnings when they get accepted so they can put their lives on hold.

Half of this game is the physical challenges.

You pretty well know that at the core of these games, there's swimming, running, diving, going through obstacle courses and solving those slide puzzles.

Personally the minute I sent my video tape in, I'm at the pool everyday, in the gym every day. I have every slide puzzle app on the internet bookmarked on my computer.

I'd probably quietly take a wilderness survival course so that I'm entirely useful.

You have to wonder if the producers go up to some of these guys, and say "You probably aren't going to win, here's 10k to make this challenge dramatic.
Just speculation, but I would guess the application tape is a long shot, many of these people have probably sent in multiple applications and they probably find out about this pretty shortly before leaving.

Although I do kind of agree, why go on survivor if you cant swim or compete physically to some extent, Why go on the amazing race if you are unwilling to dance and skydive. It is unlikely they have much chance to prepare and the producers probably bias the pool to applicants that are more likely to have these problems.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: