View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #1707
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
bc-chris, did you legit pay someone to throw away like $100G worth of lumber and wood without batting an eye?

Just bugging you. I'm in the process of doing the same with junk my parents say they want to get rid of themselves... but still haven't gotten rid of after a decade. It'll feel great once that stuff is cleared out.

ha! ha! the wood that was tossed was not really usable - not sure why my dad kept it to be honest. the first got-junk truck was nothing but wood! my dad had tons of wood that had been left outside, uncovered - so it was just rotted. there was tons of 'cut offs' that you just don't ever use - it looked like he needed 2x2's at one point and just ripped down 2x4's becuz there lots 1/4"x1.5" wide strips. the amount of particle board and osb was ridiculous. press board shelves from old stereo cabinets and book shelves.... and the list went on and on!
it's not like i didn't grab a ton of still good usable material. probably 3-4 truck loads of good wood that i'll have a use for. i was the most stoked when i found a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood and a bunch of awesome 1.5" thick maple planks!!! SCORE! ha! ha!

it was a lot of work but something that had to be done. i'm pretty sure this is why my dad never wanted to move - he didn't want to go thru everything and chuck stuff out!

i think it's hard for my parents generation - you think about it... their parents lived thru the depression and as a result saved "everything"... and then passed that trait onto their kids. now our generation is seeing the result - parents that don't throw anything away!