Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:06 AM   #5387
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got out last weekend for a trip to Kimberley and got a few rounds of golf in.

Wildsone wintered quite well outside of a few of their tee boxes. Greens were average on speed and slowed down with the rain (as expected). Overall I enjoyed the course and found it very forgiving for the most part.

Trickle Creek was the best course of the bunch this trip. Wintered so well. Was lush, green and true. We were there for a stag with some not hardcore golfers, so speed was an issue once or twice, but even as I offered to let the group behind us go through they said no as they enjoyed seeing us have fun. So I bought them bevereages to join and all was well. Pace of play was still only approx. 30 mins behind

Shadown Mountain was rough. Their greens took a hit this winter. Their tee boxes were pristine, but that was the best of it. Obivously it's a tough course, but when your put is bouncing along the green no matter where you are, it makes for a frustrating round.

Overall it was another great trip there and I was shocked to see the courses so quiet for a long weekend. We had no issues with tee times (even played 36 on Friday at Wildstone)
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post: