View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #767
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
DCDs in general are 9-5 places. The "downtown" action happens in Kensington, Inglewood and 17th Ave.
It's a matter of integration and connectivity. Our biggest challenge is the heavy rail tracks separating our busiest 9-5 area from our busiest 5-midnight area. The underpass rehab projects are better than nothing, but ultimately still lipstick on a pig.

I'd route the Green Line up 1 St SW, closing the underpass to vehicles, and use the extra available width to make the best possible pedestrian experience. (other benefits include Green Line cost savings by utilizing an existing tunnel & simplifying the Bow River crossing, while also significantly mitigating its impact on PIP)

Quote:
Why there? Here's a list of some the parking lots north of 9th that Impark/Indigo/CPA/Diamond would gladly sell:

633 3 Ave SW

605 3 Ave SW

326 3 Ave SW

500 6 Ave SW

332 6 Ave SW

216 4 Ave SW

114 2 St SW

311 8 St SW

935 4 Ave SW

1007 6 Ave SW

7 St SW/ 4 Ave SW

660 2nd Ave SW

There's also a derelict building at 400 6 St SW just waiting to be torn down.
I doubt the parking companies own any of those blocks, they just operate them.

Quote:
I could see the City of Calgary wanting this as well since it would allow for a +15 from The Bay all the way to the Hyatt, which is something they've wanted for ages.
Would there be a +15 over 1 St SW since the westernmost buildings of this block won't be touched?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote