View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 05:47 PM   #965
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yeah, which is great and all, but... did you watch what Collins did to Swiatek? Even just watch the highlights. What the hell happened there? Swiatek couldn't even make her own service games competitive. I'm not sure when Collins turned into Djokovic but she's made some sort of Faustian bargain. You hope that level stays up for the final to make it an unstoppable force / immovable object situation.
CHL, I did finally get a chance to watch the Swiatek - Collins highlights and the biggest thing I saw on Swiatek's service games was her serve was just letting her down (missing a bunch of first serves) and her second serve was landing middle of the box which Collins was just pounding either for winners or a weak return from Iga that was an easy put away.

Barty just looks unstoppable at the moment, watching highlights of her match against Keys and her serve is working well and she's hitting the corners of the box making the return very difficult. That wicked slice backhand of Barty's is incredible as well.

Barring Collins playing the match of her life and/or Barty succumbing to nerves, I see a straight sets win for Ash, I'm thinking 6-3 6-3
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote