View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:05 AM   #16
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Losing the Eau Claire Y sucks. It was definitely a benefit for us when we were looking to move out of our condo and find a home, with quick access to it from Sunnyside it was our go to for swimming lessons for the kids and other activities.

At this point I'm thinking Eau Claire (minus Prince's island park) is just a failed community. Maybe too strong a wording? I don't know, it feels like nothing more than a vertical community with almost no life around it at ground level.
Agreed. Eau Claire Market is a negative anchor on its potential and they need to bulldoze it. Re-do it in a pseudo Deerfoot City style with single level shops that people actually need. Maybe small footprint Home Depot type stores, a real grocery store, have a replacement for the cineplex, even one with just a few screens. At least try to make some of the shops suitable for daily life. No more specialty olive oil stores.

I know that was the general plan to tear the market down, but clearly it's not going to happen. They'll probably just build more apartment towers to exacerbate the lack of essential shopping.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post: