Old 02-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #5
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Calgary Downtown / Eau Claire YMCA to close permanently

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...manently-close

The downtown branch opened Oct. 17, 1988, and has contributed to the vibrancy of Calgary’s core in the 30-plus years
(...)

On Thursday, YMCA Calgary announced the downtown location will not reopen following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions, citing financial and economic pressures.

I just saw this news article. I remember visiting as a child but I don't think I've been inside the Eau Claire YMCA for over two decades. There's a lot of great late 80s architecture in this building. Will it sit empty? Would another gym/fitness company take over? When I lived in the area, I remember many seniors were reliant on this pool for their daily exercise.
I wonder if Goodlife would look to take this space? Their location at Eau Claire Market will have to close at some point in the near future once that building is torn down, but they could stay in that area with a better facility. But it would be oversized for how they operate. Unless they're willing to lease out other parts of the building. If not them, would be nice for another fitness company to take it up.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote