View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #66
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported_Aussie View Post
I still dust off rebellion from time to time as well.

If I am feeling more casual, I sim all the battles and just worry about the movement, diplomacy, resources, etc.

As empire, my main go to is to find the sector with rebels in in closest to Yavin and go crazy after that place. When I see where else they pop up, it gives me hints as to where their hidden base is.

As rebels I recruit hard at Yavin, then send them all off with Han (as he travels faster in the Falcon) to a sector with a garrisoned planet - take that and you often get a whole sector defecting en masse!

I used to play this over LAN with one of my buddies back in the day. My trick with him was to rename my ships by keeping the generic name, but making the number after them bigger, so he thought I had more destroyers than I did

Diplomacy is so key in that game. As is sabotage and assassination. I remember playing on LAN with a buddy and we had a end of days apocalyptic battle over the last planet, Where I would have like 10 super star destroyers and about 100 Star Destroyers, and a bunch of other ships, and he would have a similar sized Rebel fleet, and the battle would take hours.

It was a fun game.

The biggest break you could get was to have Vader or the Emperor or Luke find an apprentice, they were seriously over powered characters.

I forgot that the Falcon was like the fastest ship out there.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote