View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #64
Imported_Aussie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Being a Star Wars buff and a vintage game fan I dusted off my steam copy of Star Wars Rebellion. It didn't look like much, but its a very deep game.

Of course I played as the Evil Empire today and set forth on bringing order to the galaxy. I forgot how complex the resource part of the game was and found myself running out of money and unable to build things. But I got lucky and amassed the Imperial Fleet lead by Darth Vader and his two Sith Acolytes Piett and Daala (Vader found out they were Force Sensitive. The Imperial diplomatic core got to work swinging systems to our side. Meanwhile The Imperial Fleet lead by Grand Admiral Thrawn started the outer rim sieges lead by the Super Star Destroyer Iron Hand the Imperial Storm Trooper brigade lead by General Grammel started conquering the outer rim and found resource rich planets. Our Ship designers got to work upgrading our Star Destroyers to the Imp and Victory 2 initiatives and we build the Death Squadron made up of 10 Star Destroyers 10 Victory class Star Destroyers and 2 Super Star Destroyers the Executor and Imperial Will. We rolled through the inner rim and pushed the Rebels to one sector in the outer Rim. Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine took command of the newly christened Death Star 2, which was lost by a lucky shot by Luke Skywalker, but this time there was no loss as Death Squadron finished the war using brute efficiency and we captured and executed Skywalker, Princess Leader and the rest of the Traitors.

I had a great time playing it.

I still dust off rebellion from time to time as well.

If I am feeling more casual, I sim all the battles and just worry about the movement, diplomacy, resources, etc.

As empire, my main go to is to find the sector with rebels in in closest to Yavin and go crazy after that place. When I see where else they pop up, it gives me hints as to where their hidden base is.

As rebels I recruit hard at Yavin, then send them all off with Han (as he travels faster in the Falcon) to a sector with a garrisoned planet - take that and you often get a whole sector defecting en masse!

I used to play this over LAN with one of my buddies back in the day. My trick with him was to rename my ships by keeping the generic name, but making the number after them bigger, so he thought I had more destroyers than I did
Imported_Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imported_Aussie For This Useful Post: