View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #62
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
Does anyone have experience with MAME and building a system?

Need some general advice to get me started, I've been doing some reading online but still a bit unsure. Most importantly, what software is best? MAME or is there another "brand" that is better? How do the older CRT games translate to newer HD screens?

I'm a big time console collector, I think there are around 16 in my collection from Intellivision, Atari, Coleco, to all the Nintendos, Segas and current stuff. Also have a few full size cabinets in my garage, NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat 3 and Cruisn' USA. I've been thinking and planning on emulating the older coinop arcade stuff for years now.

I'd suggest not going with MAME directly, use RetroArch instead. It's a lot easier to setup that way and you get access to older MAME cores, which help with certain game compatability. Also RetroArch has FinalBurn Neo, which used to be an emulator only for the Capcom arcade machines but now supports almost everything. I find it far superior to MAME in performance, compatability, and options. My setup uses the RetroArch FinalBurn Neo core for most of my arcade games, and then the MAME 2003-Plus core for a few tricky games that don't run on anything else
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote