View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #56
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
This is noom. To a tee.
Reading up on noom, it's similar to what I ascribe to. Neat.

But I don't charge people $45 a month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'll tell you one thing that's frustrating as hell is having a selfish, narcissistic, overbearing parent who is completely unsupportive of your weight loss efforts. I try to go for dinner with my dad once a week and he always wants to go for pizza. I've mentioned on countless occasions that I'm trying to restrict my carb intake but I always get guilted with #### like "Well one day of having pizza won't hurt," "I only get to have pizza when I'm with you," or "Well you drink on the weekends so it's not fair that you won't eat pizza with me," despite the fact that I've mentioned about a thousand times that when I drink on the weekend, it's usually zero carb drinks like gin and soda or vodka seltzers.

Anyone else deal with this type of manipulative bull#### and have any suggestions? I've gotten to the point where I'm pretty comfortable turning down unhealthy foods at the office, but I just get tired of putting up a fight when it comes to dealing with my dad.
Personally, I don't know if it's truly manipulative... more just a stubborn person insisting on what he wants and you caving. I really don't see it as guilting you his comments, just adult whining hoping he gets his way. I'm pretty sure he's not doing it to spite your diet or anything weird like that, but I don't know your dad nor you. To me, I just seem to notice a few men over the age of 50 who also seem to do the same thing. Just my 2 cents.

Suggestions wise, do you have to go to the chain itself? Can you get take out from there plus a few places/skip the dishes and go hang out at his/your place, a park etc. so that you can procure things that fit your diet? You might even want to introduce him to some stuff that works for you that he'd actually like too.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote