View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #55
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still do keto mostly because I feel great when I'm on it. I find it's easy for me to stick to since I can have a steak, burger (hold the bun), Caesar salad (no croutons, add chicken), bacon and eggs, small servings of peanut butter, etc. There's also a diabetic store on 17 Ave @ 37 Street called "Just Sweet Enough" that has really good low carb bread (2g net carbs/slice) if you do need toast with your eggs or something to spread the peanut butter on.

Yes, the main mechanism by which ketosis allows you to lose weight is calorie restriction; the reason it's effective for people is SATIETY (and also insulin sensitivity). I can lose weight by cutting my calories without keto or cutting my calories with keto, but doing it with keto is easier so I usually do that.

A word of caution; the Cauliflower Crust pizza at Boston Pizza is delicious, but it's also still 50 99 grams of carbs for that 'individual size' pizza; add in other trace carbs you might take in over the course of a day and you might will find yourself kicked out of ketosis.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 01-30-2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Re-checked the nutritional facts on BP's site after csnarpy posted. SHEEEEEIT.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote