View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #1055
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I am a long time Shaw customer but am considering switching all my services to Telus. Are any of you former Shaw owners regretting moving to Telus?
I switched back in February, and after having an initial bi-polar experience I am feeling better about the switch. Of course, now Telus has gone and switched the channels around into categories and that has me slightly irked.

What I like:
-Way more HD channels for the same price I was paying with Shaw. This is the thing that drew me in.
-Channel sharpness/clarity.
-The idea of the PVR interface/guide. It looks really sharp and is far more informational and visually appealing than Shaw's.
-Record & watch at any terminal. I know you can do this with Shaw Gateway, but doing it through Optik was insanely cheaper.
-Internet consistency. Knock on wood, but service interruptions seem far less frequent with Telus than with Shaw.

What I don't like:
-Contracts to get the good stuff.
-The function of the PVR interface/guide. Slow, unresponsive, and minimal options when setting a recording. Also, the sound gets jumbled every now and again and you have to change the channels back and forth to make it go back to normal. Happens just often enough to be irritating.
-The remote. I know, simple annoyance...but you have to be aimed precisely at the PVR for it to work. Also, it feels so thin and delicate that any slight drop would shatter it...and it's really weighted funny. Also, you can't turn your PVR on/off without turning the TV on/off.
-VOD: mostly the quality of them...it's poor.
-The Telus email system is vastly inferior to what Shaw offers.

Like I said, as I get used to the quirks I feel a little more satisfied with the switch. Most of what bugs me is minor, and I am getting much more for my dollar than I was with Shaw. Internet speeds weren't a big factor in my decision, and I have been happy with the speed I have been getting through Telus (even though I downgraded from 50 to 25 in the switch).

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote