View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 04:37 PM   #163
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Interesting watch. My first question is how do these inequality issues compared to comparable Republican situations?

It's still USA (ie. the old idea that Canadian PC is still more liberal than Democrats), and it's always hard for people to make sacrifices themselves for the greater good.

Inequality/poverty are also just inherently difficult problems to solve - anywhere/everywhere. The 20M people living in Scandanavia have perhaps come the closest (that utopia being certainly overstated), but the other 99.75% of the world continues to struggle.
I think there is something about cold weather that makes People work better together. Like, we all get cold. When it’s -30 out, it takes a pretty savage person to say “only the people who can afford housing belong indoors”.

When you live somewhere it’s always nice, or at least warm enough that sleeping outside is no different than camping, it’s almost like “you can manage. You’re not freezing.”

Cold breeds cooperation.

Heat makes people lose their minds. I think because warm-weather places are always the temperature to have a good time. And good times eventually get stale, so you look for more and new novel ways to entertain yourselves. That’s how you get Florida.

When you’ve gotta spend half the year hunkered down because everything is dark and frozen, at least it’s a shared experience that you can all agree on, more
Or less. And from that, groups of you can figure out how to make things slightly less worse in your local areas. And from that, community springs.

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 01-26-2022 at 10:00 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post: