View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 08:23 PM   #655
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
So I'm naive and unsubtle but you still struggle to understand me. What is your academic background again?
Swing and a miss, again. You claim people misunderstand you, but everyone else is perfectly capable of reading your posts and understanding what they mean. They aren’t complex. If you feel that they’re being misunderstood, it’s not because you’re super nuance and subtle and the best reader ever, it’s because you’re incapable of communicating what’s in your head in the way you expect it to be understood.

Again, insulting people doesn’t change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
Remember it so we don't forget? And be forgiving of others who haven't been so privileged?

We can't really banish ideas. Unless there's an island of exile for them that I'm not aware of, like Epstein's island or something. Or we live in a Philip K. Dick novel.
So we can remember it to remember it? Deep.

Forgive people for what? Why would we have to forgive people for bad ideas if they actually help us know what good ideas are? Didn’t you say we needed bad ideas?

If someone believes being gay is wrong, and they learn it’s actually a normal part of the human experience just like being straight is and there’s nothing wrong with it at all, where do you the belief that being gay is wrong goes? You just want them to remember it to ensure they remember it? “Remember, even if you’ve learned that there’s nothing wrong with being gay, you have to remember that being gay is wrong.”

What if they just… forgot that being gay is wrong? or learned it wasn’t? Is it ok if they just do that? Can the bad idea just be gone?
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: