View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 07:36 PM   #643
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’ll break this down because you’re struggling: when you claim that everyone misunderstands you, either because nobody loves nuance as much as you, or makes room for subtlety, or because they have bad reading comprehension, or because they’re an idiot, and those same people (the majority) have no trouble understanding everyone else, including people significantly more educated or well spoken than you (lots of academics, educators, and lawyers on the board) on topics that are a lot more technical and complex, the problem is likely with you. You can call others idiots all you like, it doesn’t make you as smart as you wish you were, and no amount of it will.
So I'm naive and unsubtle but you still struggle to understand me. What is your academic background again?

I only called you an idiot. Well, I implied you were an idiot through a process of elimination. You don't need to keep dragging others into the fire. You're sufficient kindling.

Quote:
Not really. Most times when people are being deliberately obtuse it comes in the form of not understanding a concept or point. All you did was make it look like you can’t understand a simple sentence. So… nice one.
Ok, then I'll keep doing it. But just to you.

Quote:
You’re almost there. If repeating history is bad, and we want to learn from bad ideas, what are we trying to accomplish? If there is a bad idea, and we learn from it and don’t repeat it, what are we hoping happens to it? (I’m confident you can get this one!)
Remember it so we don't forget? And be forgiving of others who haven't been so privileged?

We can't really banish ideas. Unless there's an island of exile for them that I'm not aware of, like Epstein's island or something. Or we live in a Philip K. Dick novel.

Quote:
If I did, you’d be defending me.
Sure, why not? Even the wretched need defending.