View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 04:12 PM   #30
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I'm close but probably a little bit outside the line here compared to most posters. I think they're well within their rights to decline to wear these jerseys, and I think the statement was confusing, but fine in regards to their reasoning. I also don't think there should be any discipline for sitting out of a theme night pre skate.

Having said all of that, the reasoning is specious and stupid. If you support the community and want them included, you'd participate. It makes zero sense to say "I support the event that promotes inclusion because I'm a Christian, but don't support inclusion in this case. But I still want them to feel included. But I don't support the event that says they should be included.". I mean, that's just dumb. What they're really saying here is they don't support the pride flag and acceptance that gender dysphoria and sexual orientation are immutable and these people are worthy of inclusion. Which means you don't support their inclusion.

Essentially: "I really am a nice person and believe everyone has value, but their lifestyle is amoral so I don't support them"

You can't have it both ways. You either support them and wear the jersey, or you don't support them. It's strange

Last edited by Street Pharmacist; 03-18-2023 at 04:20 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: