View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 11:35 PM   #430
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Excellent points!

Could you give a Coles notes version of Patty and his rebuttles to your post.
Sure...

At around 1:00, Pat interjected to mention that the previous caller had brought up missing Keegan Kanzig (lol), which is the name I said I thought I would never hear on the radio again.

At 3:35, after I said it would be pointless to take the top guys out because there is little depth to replace them, Pat countered by saying that the Flames would be taking those guys out to send a message and that the Flames' stars have yet to be properly held accountable and they had bad games/made specific bad plays on Monday.

I replied by saying what he said was a little anecdotal, and that the Flames' top players at their worst are still more likely to help the team win than a struggling Dube or Lucic. He countered that by saying scratching bottom-six forwards doesn't send a message of the same impact as scratching top-six guys. I replied that Dube has been used in a top-six role for a decent part of the year and shouldn't be exempt from that same accountability.

That's basically the gist of it, from what I remember. Wish I had both sides of the conversation to share.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: