View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #52
Baaarrden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
In as much as I can support the idea of twinning the road, I have to add to the voices saying "don't be fiddling with your phone while driving." I am sorry for your losses, Baaarrden, but I sincerely hope that you and your friends are taking a far more serious look at the dangers of driving distracted than you seem to imply in your OP. Because it wasn't Highway 8 that killed your first friend.
I realize that distracted driving was the ultimate cause of his death in his accident, however, with the installation of a median or barrier to separate the two lanes, his car would have not crossed into the oncoming lane and he most likely would still be alive today. I know how serious distracted driving is, but he is not the only one who has ever been distracted while driving, nor was he the first to die from it, and he most definitely will not be the last to die from it. The installation of a median would not be so much to keep distracted drivers safe as it would be to keep other drivers safe from those who do drive distracted, but it would have the added benefit of giving those who make the mistake of driving distracted to have a second chance, and hopefully be alive to realize how serious and dangerous it really is.
Baaarrden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baaarrden For This Useful Post: