Thread: [Game Takes] Blues 5 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #16
kman35ca
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Ya really liking how Bennett has been playing. He’s using his line mates more, and not trying to dangle, or that toe drag etc. May have worked in JR, but it’s not working here. Keeping his game simpler, and just playing smart. He’s tenacious and can become a very good power forward.
Playing with good line mates definitely helps. And I like that line. To me it’s almost like a 2b line. And with him and Neal both having that nasty side to them could drive some teams nuts. I honestly think, he can still be a 25+ goal guy, in the 50-60 point range. And be a great playoff player. I hope we don’t trade him, but if it’s for a good starting goaltender, that might be what happens. As I’m sure his value is gonna go up quite a bit if he keeps this play up for 20-30 games. Or until trade deadline. But really don’t want him in the west if he was traded, as I think he could comeback to haunt us. Peluso, I didn’t catch the entire game, but when we do need some muscle, I think we could haveworse.
And I do think the a couple guys had a few too many at Tchukies house....That was one of JG worst games I’ve seen. And I think they gotta look at other options for gaining the zone. Sure JG can do it, but it’s getting to predictable. And again, not enough skating in zone on the PP last night. But I guess it’s a work in progress.
Well at least we lost to a good team, that was hungry and played good. I just really hope this team stops this erratic play hard one game, then take a period or 2 off the next game. Hopefully Peters starts really putting his foot down. Maybe toss a stick, lol. Jk, don’t want any thing to remind me of GG.
PS, Smith, you are not a D-Man! Stay in your net! And play like you did in Nashville every game! If he still can...