Thread: [CP Story] First Look At New Look Flames
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #45
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Basically every guy who can make the NHL can do this in isolated bursts or samples. I have seen this from Bennett before. "almost" goals in a preseason game after 240 nhl games of experience isn't enough for me. They are now fleeting glimpses of skill, whereas Czarnik seems to be all about the skill, a finesse player who exudes skill.

I don't see a ton of puck skills often from Bennett, not often enough for me to believe he has untapped potential in that regard, or that he's a better fit for offensive minutes than a guy like Czarnik. For every sweet toe drag he pulls off in preseason, there are several unsuccessful in the regular season. He doesn't make it look easy.

Taking passes, skating with his head up without falling down, making minor adjustments, those are things I don't see from bennett and I didn't see them in the only preseason game this year.

I don't think there's some huge gulf between Czarnik and Bennett, I think they are both relatively borderline NHLers at this point, but in terms of offensive potential and where they can fit into a lineup, I think Czarnik has the better ability and potential to further develop offensively.

From what I've seen, Bennett struggles playing a skill game with skilled players. From what I've seen, Czarnik doesn't struggle to play a skilled game with skilled players. For me, it's as simple as that.
You've concluded this after 1 game?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: