View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #39
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well, I suppose first of all, how many suspensions in NHL history have been this long? What sort of behaviour were they for? What sort of punishment is generally meted out by employers in this area? If all of that lines up, you can justify the 27 games.

But I just cannot agree to you that the person asking why this was done the way it was done should be required to first demonstrate that it was done wrongly. It seems to me that the onus is on the NHL (or whoever's supporting their decision) to justify a penalty that it itself imposed. They arrived at that number, presumably for what they feel is a good reason. What was that rationale? As the party with all of that information in their possession they should explain how, and tell us why we should agree with the process and the outcome. That is, of course, assuming that the NHL cares whether the public agrees with the process and the outcome.

You've said this a couple of times. As I pointed out, the question is degree. A 27 game suspension seems like a harsh penalty. Being banned from the league also seems like a harsh penalty. Having his eyes burned out with hot pokers also seems like a harsh penalty. The appropriate degree of harshness is precisely what (most) people seem to be debating, and my real issue is you acting as if even raising that as a live matter to be discussed is some horrible affront to morality, amounting to a defense of wife-beating. It's really not.
The rationale is he assaulted his wife.
Comparing this to past suspensions isn't relevant. They aren't apples to apples. The only comparison is Voynov I suppose.
So what are you looking for?
Or is this just a classic Corsi being a contrarian thing? In which case I'm happy to move on because otherwise it'll just go around and around.
And to be clear people aren't just asking why this was the suspension they have LITERALLY said that it seems harsh.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote