View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:22 AM   #1
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default What’s your scariest ‘near miss’?

A time when you almost died or narrowly avoided tragedy? When a difference in seconds or a change in plans saved your life?

Last summer I was with the family in BC at The Log Barn just outside Vernon. We were leaving, going to turn back out on to the highway — look the one way, clear. Look the other way (the side I’m turning in to, the close side), all clear. I start to pull out and have a car blast past me, missing by inches. When I looked the other way, someone had pulled in to the oncoming lane (the lane I was turning in to) to pass. Had I started to drive even one second earlier, my wife would’ve certainly been killed as the car would’ve hit her side at 110km/h. Likely my youngest too. Me and my oldest would’ve been seriously injured, at best. Sometimes I still think about that, how a matter of seconds was the difference between tragedy and life going as normal. Obviously I learned a lesson that day to triple check before pulling on to the highway — I don’t do a lot of highway driving and someone pulling out to pass hadn’t even occurred to me.

What’s your scariest ‘near miss’? Can be driving related or not.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote