View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #8
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

While I didn't know that it was about to happen, I did take the opportunity to tell my step dad what he meant to me and what he meant to those family members who I knew thought the same way I did.

I take great solice in knowing that I knew that he knew what he meant to me, and that we'd had the conversation a handful of times.

For what it's worth, the first time you say it was the hardest, but it gets easier each time you do it. And there can't be too much so do it alot, and encourage other people to participate in the conversation as well.

Have some fun with it when you can - like come clean on some dumb stuff you did as a teenager that you probably should have told him about. He'll enjoy that.

You might also want to see if there is any of those grandparent memory books he can fill out, or you can help him fill out, for the grandkids when they get older.

And Transplant gives some good advice. Make sure you look out for your mom, your other family members and yourself. You have to care for the caregiver as well as they can burnout physically, mentally and emotionally.

Last edited by killer_carlson; 01-22-2017 at 09:23 PM.
killer_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote