View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
^^ The tax remark was just pointed out as a lot of people run the math in their head and then assume full amount is take home. While its obvious it isnt, I still point it out!

I like the performance driven commissions structure you pointed out and it was actually brought up in the course years ago. I believe the main reason it is not allowed is because there would be some conflicts of interest. Say I have got you 519 and know I could get you more but you dont want to risk losing the deal.
Also, it would now be cheaper for you to accept 519 than 520....etc which would complicate things.
You mean a conflict of interest between the seller and the seller's realtor? Because in this scenario, it would be anything above $520k that would get the premium (i.e. if the buyer can get $530k for it, seller pockets an extra $5k, and the seller's realtor pockets an extra $5k (less the 1.5% to the purchasers realtor). Seems like a win-win, unless there is something about secret commissions or something that is prohibited...