View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #17
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

2021-2022 WSH season ended in a heart breaking fashion. GM Bagopucks sits down to reflect on the season

Playoffs

It has been such an exciting 6 weeks for the WSH Capitals. Our team went on a pretty good run on the back half of the regular season only to clinch a playoff spot via a tie breaker. Carolina series was tough. It was really the first time I had assembled our deadline acquisitions so I had a few unknowns but I was pretty confident in our experience and ability to put up a fight. Winning was a surprise but I think we were a little lucky to make it past round 1. The Ottawa series as a real nail biter for me as I wasn't sure if I could solve their powerplay and their scoring ability. We didnt have the offensive horses of a top team so we needed to make some adjustments to find a way to win a game. Luckily again, we found a way past them. Jersey was a mismatch but I think it came down to in series adjustments that allowed me to move past the Devils. Dallas was obviously the champion and the better team. We just ran out of options and their in series changes were better than ours.

Overall, super happy with the experience of going deep in the playoffs. It is an experience i will cherish and learn from for upcoming seasons. Playoffs feel like a whole different type of play and it is my goal to be in it every year to get the experience.

Disappointment

When I came back to CPHL the goal was to win a championship. We have a plan to do that but to go from a 77 point team to a 88 point team and make the Stanley cup final game 7 in 2 seasons is not what we expected. It is disappointing to lose but honestly, we punched over our weight and we did it multiple times this playoffs. Cant be disappointed with that.

Future

Not much has changed for my future plans. I will take a balanced approach and let my sim experience carry us wherever it may. I have a bunch of picks in the upcoming drafts and I am always looking for more picks. I have some pretty good young players in the ECHL and AHL so I am looking forward to continue to build a perennial contender.

Plans

My plans next year is the same as last year. Make the playoffs. Who knows what happens after that.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BagoPucks For This Useful Post: