View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #31
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I started with F45 in August and it's been amazing for me. I worked out at home before and did my own thing. I was incredibly skeptical and thought I'd likely hate it and quit a month in. Instead, some huge changes took place for me!

- I thought that I would absolutely hate the structured nature. They have "classes" and you show up, the have it all set for you and you run through a circuit in 45 minutes. I didn't like that aspect...but frankly it's fantastic. Some days are more cardio and some days are strength, and the workouts are excellent.

- Part of what I didn't want to do was interact with other people. I just want to get my workout done and move along with my day...or so I thought. One of my absolute favourite things is the community. Maybe it's that we're all suffering together? Maybe it's the endorphins, but I really love this aspect and for it made something I was dreading to be a pure positive!

- I NEVER worked out as hard as this on my own. I would workout and take too long to rest, or do 3/4 of my workout and decide "that's pretty solid. Most people are doing nothing, so good job just doing this much today Slava!" When I went to the first workout I thought I might die. I realised that I'd need to workout in order to do the full workout! (It's a go at your own pace sort of thing, so you can still take extra breaks or catch your breath)

Anyway, for me it's been an enormous impact. I'm totally not connected in anyway, and don't get any benefit telling people about it aside from the fact that I think people would benefit from it. In the past 6 months or so I've dropped about 25-30 lbs of fat and added a few pounds of muscle. My cardio is miles better than where it was before and most importantly, I feel great. I've seen the same changes for other people there as well, and I really just can't recommend them enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Yes, very well said. I joined a gym called Madlab here in Vancouver and it is a very similar format - albeit with a lot of personal training sessions up front to prepare you for the classes - which as you said are very intense.

- It's a great way to make friends as an adult. My partner and a lot of our friends go to the gym, and we often all hang out after a weekend class.

- the gym has an app where you can upload PBs and see class programming for the week.

- you don't have to think about working out, you just show up and everything is set up for you.

- no judgement. the coaches have a pretty strict no ego policy. People are all encouraged to move at their own pace and build up to a level of fitness they are happy with.
I'm glad this works for you guys, but it would drive me nuts. I'd rather be alone with my thoughts while I exercise.

People eh, go figure.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: