View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #369
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
You are excellent at taking positive news and turning it into a negative. I get that you don't like League but having watched the highlights on YouTube it is far from horrible, it is about what you would expect from a third tier comp. Also looking at the roster Toronto has put together a decent team including 10 year NRL veteran FuiFui MoiMoi.

It is great news there are 7000 Canadians getting into rugby. It is sad news the men's Union team can't even come close to those crowds.

Also I noticed they got a mention on CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/toron...onds-1.4146964

I fully believe that this is a negative for Rugby Canada. How many years have they been trying to get games broadcast on a regular basis? I can remember playing in a game years ago that was broadcast by Shaw (my buddy's dad did the commentating). Other than Olympic 7's there has been no penetration by RC into the National television audience. There Ontario Blues have been playing and winning CRC Championships for the past few years with minimal notice in Ontario. This is a loss and a negative for Union in Canada.

Speaking to the level of play again, it is well horrible. I grant you I only watched one game (it was the game they played on the May long) but it really was a poor quality on display. FuiFui MoiMoi is 36 years old. I can remember when Jerry Collins and Trevor Leota were playing rugby in Alberta. Great players, but shadows of their former selves (for different reasons). The CRC has full time current National Team players playing in the comp.

While I am not a big fan of League I have watched it plenty live and in TV. The product on display was poor.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote