View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #367
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Have you seen any of the games?

The product us horrible. I watched it with a buddy the other week and we laughed non-stop. There was no speed onto the ball, no line speed in D (which Mongos are known for), the skill level was appalling.

All that being said, good for them. This is a black mark on Rugby Canada. The level of play by the Blues/Bears/Rock/Wolfpack (two rugby teams same name? I'll get to that) is far superior. Hell Div 1 games in Calgary have a higher skill level than this garbage.

I am baffled that they can use the Wolfpack name, I mean Shirley someone at RC or AR thought to trademark the names of teams.....oh wait....

It is sad that there are 7000 people in Canada thinking this is good sport.
You are excellent at taking positive news and turning it into a negative. I get that you don't like League but having watched the highlights on YouTube it is far from horrible, it is about what you would expect from a third tier comp. Also looking at the roster Toronto has put together a decent team including 10 year NRL veteran FuiFui MoiMoi.

It is great news there are 7000 Canadians getting into rugby. It is sad news the men's Union team can't even come close to those crowds.

Also I noticed they got a mention on CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/rugby/toron...onds-1.4146964