View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #90
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Level is a horrible way to do matchmaking, as the only thing it proves is someone has played a lot of the game. It shouldn't even factor in whatever algorithm they run to determine your skill.

My level 27 in splatoon routinely pwns level 50s. Only reason I'm not 50 myself is that I am not a teen/tween with nothing but time on my hands to play a game six hours per day, every day.
Blizz is notably pretty lazy with matchmaking.

The word on the street is however that once you hit 80, the matchmaking finally resorts to something resembling ELO.

Also, there is a Competitive Mode (wooooo!) being introduced sometime this month for players over Level 30, so I'm sure that will have much more aggressive ELO/ladder/bracket setup.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Quote:
“The system that we had implemented was what we like to call 'progression-based.' We thought there was a lot of coolness to doing this kind of system and that's why we had the one month reset, because it feels good to go through the progression more than one time,” Kaplan said. “What was not implemented, was what we called our 'heroic rank,' where it would show a stack ranking of top players who hit that rank. There was a misunderstanding among our playerbase that everyone was going to get to heroic rank, which is not true, just like it's not true that everybody will get to legendary in Hearthstone. The perception of our system was off. So the new system, when we unveil it, I think you'll see that it's much more skill-based.”
Also coming: McCree nerf and D.Va buff, and a boost in tick rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 06-07-2016 at 02:49 PM.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote