View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default External Hard Drive with Cloud Backup

Hello,

I have a friend who recent lost all her photos due to a external hard drive crash. She isn't super tech savvy but knows her way around basic tech things. So I told her about getting an external hard drive that backs up to the cloud.

I have a QNAP NAS, which I backup to the cloud via the NAS OS. I am in IT though so I am able to troubleshoot the odd occasion I have issues. I don't want to go this route as I think a QNAP NAS is too technical for her to configure.

I am looking more for an out of the box external hard drive that has firmware/simple software baked in that will sync the hard drive to the cloud. No need to get into complex setup.

Does anyone have any experience with a solution like this? I would like her to backup once to the external drive and have that hardware auto sync with the cloud so it is simple.

I saw something like this but the online reviews are mixed: http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/product...ersonal-cloud/

Any advice on how to recommend a solution to ensure her photos get a local and cloud backup all in one?
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote