View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #2192
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Certainly a weird product that I'd argue Steve Jobs would never have brought to Apple's lineup. A) They already have Applepay for a digital credit card and the industry is moving to electronic generally speaking B) why would they create a credit card that at it's core is in jeans or in a leather wallet? Absolutely ridiculous. Guaranteed this will last for 3 years before Apple pulls the plug on the physical product. I have no problem with offering a credit card, but there's an expectation these are disposable. To offer a product like this is so contradictory to Apple's core for the two reasons above, is dumbfounding.
It’s not surprising at all that they released a credit card. They barely make anything from Apple Pay, and this card is another service to keep people in their ecosystem. They’re switching focus to services because people aren’t replacing phones and computers as often as they used to.

The physical card is machined titanium. The guidelines they posted are only necessary to keep the card pristine. If you don’t care how it looks, like any other credit card, you can ignore them and it’ll still work.

I don’t know why it’s getting stained but they’ll change it’s composition before they give up on a lucrative income stream.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote