View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:
Exclamation Former Flames scout, Robert Richardson, accused of rape, now free after player dies

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...I9GeO/amp.html

Horrible story, but one worth reading.
Quote:
His father was far away on that chilly April afternoon, so 3-year-old Cullen Gove reached out to him in a video message, texted by the boy’s mother from a Central Massachusetts playground.

“I love you, Daddy,’’ Cullen said. “I miss you. I want you to feel better so you can come home.’’

But by then, his father, David Gove, a former Thayer Academy hockey prodigy who grew up skating on Cape Cod ponds, won a Stanley Cup ring, and until last year was a promising professional head coach, was beyond reach.

Gove was found shortly after Cullen’s text, lying on the floor of a Pittsburgh homeless shelter, dead of an apparent heroin overdose.
Quote:
Now there will be no trial. Prosecutors have lost their victim and chief witness against Richardson, who 12 years ago was acquitted of raping another youth hockey prospect.
Quote:
Richardson, 61, a former scout for the Dallas Stars and Calgary Flames who has served as an assistant hockey coach at Yale, Clarkson, Boston University, and Northeastern, lives in a Dorchester condominium where the alleged rapes occurred. In a brief conversation at his door, he declined to comment.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote