View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #15
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
I'm curious about those that depend on childcare as well. My inlaws are older and their son is sending his kids back to school, but he also heavily depends on his parents to look after his kids and take them to activities. They are now wondering if they can do that if the kids go back to school. They don't want covid, but the risks are going to be increased greatly for them.
Also on the topic of childcare and/or keeping kids home. Businesses are going to end up on the hook when their plans to return to work are derailed by all their employees who will suddenly claim they need to continue WFH because they are choosing to keep their kids home from school.

Interesting debate on this one. Business has been extremely flexible (they didn't have a choice) when the initial weave hit and everyone was sent home but how much longer are they going to be expected to accommodate employees whoa re not comfortable with the situation even if it may be safe (debatable I will admit).

Case in point - my sister in law. She is supposed to return to work next week but is 'not comfortable' doing so despite her employer making major adjustments to the workplace. Her daughter is also going back to school and she is 'not comfortable' sending her. At what point does an employer draw the line and say you are either coming back or you can move on but you cannot have it both ways.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote