View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #268
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Great call. The implementation still needs some improvement, but this is definitely the future.

https://streamable.com/xt2ai
My only beef is that it took too long.

It didnt need to take that long, but also they dont have the mechanism in place to clearly indicate to the players or the fans that the play is under video review, it took like 2 minutes to make the little TV with his hands indicating that it was being kicked up to the Video Ref and even longer for the decision, and I dont really know if that was edited because it didnt seem like he made his decision clear to the players.

Also, in Soccer this is going to be harder due to many languages among other reasons, but I like that in Rugby you can hear what the ref is saying and that he explains it to the Captains on the field.

Soccer refereeing is going to have to be more like Rugby refereeing but they're going to have to make that transition while dragging the players kicking and screaming.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote