View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 01:52 AM   #3
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon23

BIG ERN CALLS IN A FAVOUR

The Carolina Hurricanes acquired Milan Lucic Wednesday afternoon from the San Jose Sharks. It looked like Milan's career may have come to an end as his days were numbered in the CPHL. Once the Sharks had put the big man on the trading block and no bidders, it looked like Lucic was going to be placed on waivers in the last-ditch effort to remove the contract from the Sharks payroll... with a possible buyout lurking... Until the Carolina Hurricanes GM's phone rang

GM Hanna: You kill em, we chill em
GM Hanna: Hey Big Ern, great to hear from you again
GM Hanna: Funny thing, I was just talking to Reggie about you yesterday
GM Hanna: Ya, I saw that. What are you going to do, Sharks were in a tough spot. Most guys in the minors got a better rating than him
GM Hanna: We have Rowney and this fresh young kid by the name of Foudy fighting it out for the final position on the 4th line
GM Hanna: I think the kid looks great, we're days away from giving him a pro contract
GM Hanna: .....
GM Hanna: Yes Mr. McGraatan, we'll get it done

In return for Lucic, the San Jose Sharks acquire winger Matt Luff and prospect Jacob Leguerrier

Not sure if this is going to work out for the Canes, but I thought it was worth a try.

Other Notes
Flashback Friday return this Friday as the Carolina Hurricanes rollback time and revisit classic moments
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: