View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Return of the Captain to Balmy Tampa

In a blockbuster move heralded by the fans ex-captain Brent Burns has been acquired by the Tampa Bay Lightning. The team is excited to bring the star back home, and have already cleared out his old locker for him.

When requested for a quote, Burns had to say “It is great to come back home. When I had signed my extension last summer, I had intended to see out my contract in Tampa. It had come as a huge surprise when I had been moved, but I understand the reasoning behind the trade. I’m excited to see the other moves that have been made, and believe we have a competitive team this year. I’m also happy that Braun has made the journey with me. We have built a great bond during our brief time together in Montreal and look forward to bring further success to the Lightning”

The trade with Montreal Canadiens has been consummated as follows

To TB Lightning
Brent Burns
Justin Braun

To Montreal Canadiens
Pick #40
Sean Farrell
2022 3rd

TB Lightning have had a busy couple of days as they have finally shored up their defense bringing in Braun, Burns and Mayfield over the last 24 hours. This follows their move earlier in the month, when they brought in top centre Sean Couturier. They are believed to still be in the market for goaltending and another top six forward. They are perfectly happy going in to free agency and plucking some help from that crop.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post: