View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #744
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I used to like those places. Didn't have the corporate feel of 7-11.

I did have issues with the carbonated slurpies though. By the time you got to the cashier, the thing was half evaporated. I remember riding my bike from Bonavista, to the one in Midnapore on Bannister road, just to go to Red Rooster, when there was a 7-11 800 feet from my house. It is like a 2 minute drive now, back then it seemed like you were in an exotic, new city, when you ventured across the giant canyon known as Fish Creek Park to Midnapore.

A lot of people used to talk about breaking into and wandering around that scary old hospital on the hill that is now St. Mary's University College. I never did, did anyone here?
When I lived and worked in Kananaskis years and years ago, we used to make frequent trips to Banff and Canmore. One trip to Banff we went to the Banff Springs to check it out and wander around. Well it was off season and much of the hotel was closed down. It was creepy, and cool as hell! Gave off a real The Shining vibe. There were shutdown restaurants and kitchens, sitting rooms, long dark hallways.....all eerily quiet. It was really easy to get lost as that place is pretty big.

It was friggin awesome, that old hospital would have been cool.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote